A further 38 cases of Covid-19 have been recorded in Derbyshire, according to the latest statistics released by the Government on Wednesday (April 7) – up from 34 yesterday.
The total includes 10 positive tests in Derby and 28 across the wider Derbyshire area.
There has been no coronavirus increase in Derbyshire Dales today.
No further coronavirus-related deaths have been recorded at an NHS health trust operating in Derbyshire.
The total number of people who have died since the start of the pandemic in the county now stands at 2,101.
Today’s figures bring the total of recorded coronavirus cases in Derby and Derbyshire to 68,716.
The total number of cases reported in Derbyshire (figure in brackets indicates new cases recorded in the last 24 hours)
- Amber Valley – 8,567 (one new case)
- Bolsover – 5,942 (four new cases)
- Chesterfield – 6,107 (five new cases)
- Derby – 19,993 (10 new cases)
- Derbyshire Dales – 2,972 (no change)
- Erewash – 6,998 (four new cases)
- High Peak – 4,932 (three new cases)
- North East Derbyshire – 5,947 (seven new cases)
- South Derbyshire – 7,296 (four new cases)
Get the latest Covid news in our free email updates
Subscribe today to receive our free daily newsletters filled with the latest coronavirus news.
On top of Covid stories, you’ll also get the latest news on crime, politics, and what’s happening on our roads.
To sign up all you have to do is head to this page, or enter your email into the black box at the top of this story.
Nationwide, the Government said a further 53 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Thursday, bringing the UK total to 126,980.
Separate figures published by the UK’s statistics agencies show there have been 150,000 deaths registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.
The Government also said that, as of 9am on Thursday, there had been a further 3,030 lab-confirmed cases in the UK.
It brings the total to 4,370,321.
Locally, the number of Covid-related hospital deaths since the start of the pandemic is as follows:
- Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust – 1,648 (no change)
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital – 414 (no change)
- Derbyshire Community Health Services – 37 (no change)
- Derbyshire Healthcare – 2 (no change)
How many people have had a Covid-19 vaccine?
Government data up to April 7 shows that of the 37,899,029 jabs given in the UK so far, 31,807,124 were first doses – a rise of 99,530 on the previous day.
Some 6,091,905 were second doses, an increase of 408,396.