Firefighters break down door to tackle blaze in Derby home

Firefighters had to break down the door to a Derby property to put out a kitchen fire early this morning.

The accidental blaze started in the kitchen of a home in Ashbourne Road.

The fire service was called after passers-by reported seeing smoke billowing out of the building after 3am.

Crews had to force entry into the house to eventually put it out.

Sign up for the Derbyshire Live newsletter

To receive a maximum of two FREE daily bulletin e-mails from us, as well as breaking news as it happens, sign up to the Derbyshire Live newsletter.

Just select the newsletters you receive from our East Midlands sites here.

And if you later decide that you no longer wish to receive the emails, you can just follow the unsubscribe link in the newsletters – though we hope this won’t ever be necessary.

A spokesperson for Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called at 3.17am to a small fire in a property above a shop in Ashbourne Road, Derby.

“Two crews from Kingsway and Nottingham Road attended the scene.

“Smoke appeared to issuing from the front of the property and crews had to force entry.

“The fire was located in the kitchen and it is now out. It was an accidental fire.

“Crews left the scene at 6.48am.”


Courtesy of Derbyshire Live – Derby News