With so many children and young people being affected with poor mental health, we ask how much of it relates to trauma and how can we help them?
We will cover:
* What is trauma and PTSD?
* What are the symptoms of trauma?
* What is the trauma continuum?
* How does trauma affect learning?
* Is school refusal a symptom of trauma?
* What happens if a child is re-traumatised?
* How does trauma affect the brain and its development?
* How can we help children to overcome trauma?
And the all important question we get asked by many parents… “Could trauma be the reason behind school refusal?”
Natalie co-owns Relax Kids Derby with Lizzie Bourke, and is trained in trauma – she is absolutely fascinating and you’re going to learn a lot from her at this workshop! Natalie will be answering all of your questions on the night, so be sure to bring some along. This will be a very insightful evening of learning, and is ideal for parents, carers and professionals supporting children potentially affected by trauma or PTSD.
Frequently Asked Questions
* I work in the Education/Health/Care sector, can I attend?
Absolutely! We want to share the right information with everyone who supports children and young people.
* My child doesn’t have a diagnosis, can I still attend?
Yes, absolutely! This is for you. You have questions that need answering I’m sure, so let us help.
* What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is parking available, please tell us in advance if you require wheelchair access. The event will be held on the ground floor.
We will need 4 weeks notice to accommodate any requests for a BSL interpretor.
* Can I bring my child/children?
The event is not suitable for children, and so we recommend they do not attend.
*How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Yes, you can contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Can I buy a ticket on the door?
Yes, if there are remaining spaces. tickets are on sale until 5pm on the day, although pre-booking your tickets is advised to give you enough time to follow the room registration link emailed via ZOOM. If you have any problems, simply message us as we will be available to help.
Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 12 PM – 2 PM